APGA Campaign Disability Sub Committee Inaugurated
Sequel to the inauguration of All Progressive Grand Alliance Campaign Council recently and the creation of 10 sub committees by State APGA Campaign Committee,the APGA Campaign Disability Sub Committee has been inaugurated.
Addressing the 10 man committee members at the event,the director of the APGA campaign for persons with disabilities Barrister Chuks Ezewuzie who also doubles as the chairman of the disability sub committee said the essence of forming such committee was to ensure that Prof Chukwuma Soludo's message and manifesto for persons with disabilities get to the grassroot level.
He emphasized that Anambra being the Light of the Nation,leaves no one behind. He also noted that Governor Willie Obiano has left enduring legacies that posterity will continue to score high.
Barrister Ezewuzie said that APGA party led by the National Chairman Dr Victor Oye through the National APGA working Committee has amended APGA constitution to include persons with disabilities at every party structure. Dr Ike Oye also announced that persons with disabilities interested in running for election will receive substantial discount from the cost of purchasing the expression of interest form.
The director charged the committee members to work together to actualize the expectation of Governor Willie Obiano for Prof Chukwuma Soludo to be the next governor of Anambra State who will continue his vision and legacy for the Ndi Anambra with Disabilities.
He urged everyone to work assiduously in their respective areas to ensure victory for Prof Chukwuma Soludo . The disability constituency, according to the statistics of INEC has shown to have the number which may constitute the swing vote to tip-the election any side they choose.
The sub committee members include:
1. Chukwuka Ezewuzie : Chairman.
2. Joseph Collins : Secretary
3. Ernest Okeñke : General Operation Coordinator (GOC)
4. Melikam George. : Deaf Voters Mobilization Coordinator (DVMC)
5. Mr Williams Umeh : Visually Impaired Voters Mobilization Coordinator (VIVMC)
6. Vivian Ezeonwumelu: Voters with Albinism Mobilization Coordinator (VAMC)
7. Ilochi Joseph : Physical Disability Voters Mobilization Coordinator (PMC).
8. Barr. Victor Meju : Polling unit/ booth Accessibility Issues Coordinator (PUBAIC) to liaise with INEC to ensure that polling units/booths/materials are accessible to persons with disabilities.
9. Mr Victor Igwebuike: Assistant Accessibility Issues Coordinator(AAIC).
10. Engr. Adolphus Okeke : Assistant Accessibility Issues Coordinator(AAIC).
Over hundred (100) foot soldiers with disabilities from the 21 local government areas of Anambra State has been selected to mobilize persons with disabilities in the 326 political wards in the state.
Hight point of the event was Press Briefing following the official inauguration of the committee.
RPT: Chidimma Ajemba.